CII organized the event, Tech Next – Future of Web 3.0 in the month of November 2022. Using immersive, interactive, and hands-on Web 3.0 Experience Centers and Bootcamps, Tech Next concentrated on helping businesses map the key trends and technologies in the next-generation web services and learn how it is transforming industries worldwide. The event provided interaction with global luminaries and experts, exploration of emerging tech ideas, interactive workshops and discovery of investment and business opportunities.
The CII wanted an efficient way to get a large audience and register attendees for their event in Chennai.
CANIT’s goal was to:
- Gain traction for the Tech Next event
- Create a buzz among the Web 3.0 community and companies
- Achieve brand reach
- Engage with eminent speakers worldwide
- Promote Web 3.0 as the future of technology
CANIT worked on the creation of an identity for Tech Next, marketing & advertising it, and improving its digital reach.
How CANIT worked on marketing Tech Next
With only 18 days at our disposal, we had to come up with an end-to-end marketing campaign for Tech Next. Creating informative content was also crucial to getting the target audience interested in the event and registering for the same.
Following are the key marketing strategy areas that CANIT identified and worked on to achieve CII’s Tech Next vision:
A content strategy targeting potential event registrations
An effective landing page strategy to get maximum conversions
Building different audience personas to test various advertising angles. (AI, NFT, Blockchain, Cyber Security, Metaverse)
Target C suite of Tech companies via LinkedIn
A/B testing to find the winning ad creative & taglines and then emphasize those to get more signups
Make effective use of Facebook custom audience, and re-target people who had visited the landing page
Marketing phases executed
From giving shape to CII’s vision for this event to enabling its seamless execution, the marketing strategy for the event was implemented in the following four key phases:
Establishing an Identity
- Creating a visual identity for the event including a name, logo, and tagline
- Website design and development
- Setting up social media handles
- Other designing requirements:
- Marketing collaterals required for the event
- Sponsor presentation deck
- Registration forms
- QR codes specific to the event
Marketing the event
- Planned and executed all the processes and hosted the event in four weeks
- Regularly scheduled posts across all social media handles using digital tools
- Used Facebook & LinkedIn Ad Managers to analyze the impact and reach target audiences
- Designed creatives explaining the event, its benefits, the panels, committees, and chief guests
- Prepared coming soon posters, created a drive, FOMO, and spotlighted the event date
- Managed digital public relations
- Used social media ads to boost event posts
- Reached out to influencers to spread awareness
At the event
- Managed the LED graphics for
- Event introduction
- Announcements for chief guest, panels, speakers, sponsors, and launches
- Ensured LIVE digital coverage via sharing viewer experience bytes
Here is what we achieved
We had 18 days to plan and execute all the marketing processes required for the event to reach the right audience, convince them to register, bring in a crowd, and make the event a huge success.
The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) organized the event at the ITC Grand Chola, Guindy, Chennai, on 30th November 2022. This organization partners with Industry, Government, and Civil societies to create and sustain an environment conducive to India’s development for 125 years. The non-government and not-for-profit organization is led and managed by industries in the public and private sectors and indirect membership from various national and regional sectoral industry bodies. In addition to working closely with the government on policy issues and interfacing with thought leaders, CII provides a platform for consensus-building and networking on key issues to enhance efficiency, competitiveness, and business opportunities for industries.